Friday, November 04, 2011

grattis!



today is my mom's 70th. she is in sweden celebrating with her sisters. it sounds like they are treating her special all around. lots of celebrating. i'm glad. it seems like just yesterday i was 11 and my mom and i were surprising my mormor on her 70th. appearing from behind a piece of fabric that was hung in the back yard at vallsta. the family was all gathered, everyone in on it except my grandparents. my great aunt carin worried that my morfar (who had heart trouble) might have a heart attack on the spot, so carin's eye was on him when my mom and i emerged. i don't remember it all that well, but i love the photos. mormor clasping her hands, a huge smile on her face. totally surprised and joyful. and then clutching my mom hard to her. and morfar sitting, looking somewhat stunned but calm, smiling. seems like it took him a bit longer to take in the scene. (he survived it.) it's hard for me to believe that my mom is of grandma age now. grattis på födelsedagen mamma min!

don't have access to photo albums at the moment, so above is an oldie i've posted before. bigger.

6 comments:

annamaria potamiti said...

Gorgeous photo- Happy birthday to your mom then!
:)

kusink said...

Sååå fint. Både fotot, mammorna och texten. Hoppas flajten hem gick bra.

kramar från oss

kusink said...

... Men förresten, den här bilden måste vara från när hon fyllde 60! Det är på 70-talet, helt klart. Eller?

Kerstin Svendsen said...

Hej fin kiusin, Den här är ifrån latas bröllop ca 1972 tror jag. 70 års dagens bilder är i laguna.

Kerstin Svendsen said...

alltså Katas bröllop. :-)

kusink said...

Aha! Det var väl det jag anade. Missförstod lite :)