Saturday, October 16, 2010

congratulations to molly



congratulations to Molly for
winning the Astounding Beauty Ruffian Press Poetry Award for her The Recent History of Middle Sand Lake. her book of poetry will be published soon!

three of Molly's beautiful poems from
The Recent History of Middle Sand Lake are in From Orchards, Fields, and Gardens, for which i am so grateful. they move me every time i read them. i can't wait to read the rest of her Middle Sand Lake poems when her book is out!


you can read the two above poems of molly's if you click to view the image larger. the photograph is by terese wallbäck. terese's photos are some of my favorites. to me her photos fit perfectly with molly's poems. from what i can tell, both of their grandparents' had/have a great love for each other and for their grandchildren. so much tenderness in both molly's and terese's work.

3 comments:

annamaria potamiti said...

Beautiful- congratulations to Molly then! Thank you Sash for introducing the world to such lovely artists and writers!X

casey said...

Congrats! I must read this. "The Recent History of Middle Sand Lake".

Anonymous said...

I can assure you me and my grandparents love (for me, for each other) are deep and huge and unable to describe; maybe that is what my photos are trying to convey.