Tuesday, June 28, 2005

summertime creatures



i finally finished my cards for monstertown's summertime creatures postcard swap. my creatures are summertime goats. i like goats, with their horizontal pupils. anyhow, here are all 25 of them together. they look suspiciously like a quilt...

i may put up a slideshow of the cards later. i had planned to just do a drawing and photocopy it, but then i thought i should try something different for me - collage. haven't done a collage since elementary school. it was quite time consuming, but the cutting and pasting was soothing. i used pieces of a brochure/map of stockholm (i figured a lot of my summertime memories are of Sweden) and a deck of angel cards. it's funny how there were connections between the photos in the brochure, streets/parks in stockholm and the angel words. i guess that's what happens in collage, random connections.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I received yesterday my postcard!!! Thank you so much!!!

Anonymous said...

just wanted to let you know that your postcard has graced my fridge all summer! many have looked at it when stopping by...love it! :D