Wednesday, July 20, 2005

bear season





been making a lot of bears lately. they still need some perfecting for sure. any idea how to get the necks to not be so wrinkly? i probably will take the bears directly to fairs and not put them on the website. i'll be doing two sale/fairs in Aug. and Oct., so that's where the bears will go. if i can part with them. i'm afraid the longer they're in my room, the more attached i'll get. above (top to bottom) are Angela, Violet, Minna and Marvin.


they have little cards that go with them too, like this, but clear.

12 comments:

Tuula said...

Finfina björnar!
Jag gillar Violet, hon har så snygga ben :)

Jan Halvarson said...

very cute! love the fabric on the pink one.

mati rose said...

super cute-- keep us posted where the fairs for bears are.

Anonymous said...

They are very sweet, lovely colours too !

amanda said...

adorable bears! I love the colours and prints you've used :) I know what you mean about the wrinkly neck syndrome, some of my softies do that too and I have no idea why. Hopefully one of your other sewing-saavy readers will... :)

Anonymous said...

i like your bears very much. and the sweet tags ... love that. if i can get the press up & running i could press you some tags that you could type right on as well..
fun! mav

stephanie said...

so cute! great use of fabrics. The neck? Might be a stuffing thing (pack it very tightly). Or maybe just do a separate head like the arms and legs?

Anonymous said...

Your little bears are really cute! You did a great job on them.

woof nanny said...

Ooh, Prodigal Summer. One of my favorite books. I understand the smile and twinkle you talked about. I have experienced that specialness many times. What ever happened with the jar? Do you know some people knit with it?

woof nanny said...

Oops, my comments got mixed. I was talking about your doggie photo AND the book :). Sorry for the confusion, my screen skipped somehow and I thought they were connected.

kath red said...

great colours on those bears

Alexia said...

love them!!!