Tuesday, July 05, 2005

fabric scraps swap anyone?



wondering if anyone is interested in participating in a fabric scraps swap?

i was thinking something like - you get 10 people to send to and receive from. and you'd send to each person:

*8-10 pieces of fabric that are either 4 x 4 in., 3 by 5 in., 4 x 5 in. or bigger
*10-20 pieces of any size scrap that's smaller than the above
*optional - any other additional scraps you want to send

if you're interested or have suggestions for different dimensions or whatever, send me a comment. if i get at least 9 responses, i'll organize this thing!

(taking a week off from self portrait tuesday)

THE SWAP IS NOW CLOSED.

Thanks for all of your interest! If you commented or emailed me and didn't hear back, please send me your email address again. Thanks!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!! I love your blog and visit often. I am interested to try fabric postcards construction and would love someone else's scraps to play with. So you can count me in. 20 or more scraps, any size sounds good to me.

email is mamaslm_50@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

sure i'll play! send me the details when you are ready.

kath red said...

yep i love this idea. count me in if it gets going.
any contraints regarding colour and pattern?
kathreen

Anonymous said...

I love that idea, you can count me in for sure...

Anonymous said...

I'd love that! And I am sure my mother (who lives in Holland) would. Are you open to overseas swap-members? If so, count us in!

amanda said...

Excellent idea. I'm in!

Anonymous said...

i'd be interested if international mailing is ok.

Anonymous said...

I would love to get in on the action pick me pick me. Please send me the info:)

Anonymous said...

Oh I forgot email me at christerson7313@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

That sounds like fun if you do go international i would love to do it.
cara
earth mother
canada
knittygirl2003@yahoo.ca

Korin said...

I'd love to play! :D

Kerstin Svendsen said...

i'm so excited that this is going to happen. so it looks like there are quite a few int'l folks. and i think i've gotten about 12 responses total (13 incl. me). i'm thinking if we get 20 total then maybe we could do 2 groups of 10. if there are fewer than 20, maybe we could send smaller amounts of fabric and send to all participants. i'll keep you posted. am going to collect comments for a few more days i'm thinking. or until we hit 20 people. thanks for your interest!

mim said...

love the idea...count me in! :)

chloe said...

I'm definitely interested in participating too.

Kerstin Svendsen said...

i'm closing the swap now. just sent out details to folks who left comments. (couldn't find some of your emails, so left comments on your blogs). thanks for all your interest and i'll be emailing again soon.

Korin said...

Oops. sorry my email wasn't in my last reply. :D knittingzen@gmail.com

S said...

If you try this again I would be very interested in participating. My e-mail is tofu2698@yahoo.com